7.02.2014

FO: Central Park Hoodie

I have no reservations about this project. I LOVE it. It turned out exactly as I had hoped. I expect I'll be wearing it a lot come fall.

Drum roll please...

sweaters 026

The Central Park Hoodie!


Heather Lodinsky's very popular pattern was originally published in the 2006 Knitscene, but you can now purchase a pdf pattern from Interweave for under $4. It's a bargain! I used the lovely and sadly discontinued Kathmandu Aran by Jane Ellison. It is a wonderfully soft tweed yarn that makes a great squishy fabric and nice puffy cables. The only problem with it is it "worms" a bit like chenille, so you have to boss it around a bit. Well worth the effort!

sweaters 022

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Oh, yay! I'm so glad to see this ... I would love to knit this cardigan for my daughter, but didn't know (until NOW) that I could buy it as a stand-alone.

Your version is beautiful. Love the color.

Amy said...

Thanks Ruth!

Deer & Doe Plantain T-shirt

I'm going to cut to the chase. I LOVE this top. The fit is great for me. The subtle feminine shaping makes me feel less schlumpy than mo...