6.10.2014

Fabric & Yarn Decision for Outfit Along

There are so many wonderful options for dress and sweater patterns a person could choose for the Outfit Along, but sometimes, variety can be overwhelming. I'm taking the easy way out and will be using the suggested patterns for both the dress and the sweater.

As I've mentioned previously, the dress is Simplicity 1803, a pretty fit-and-flare dress with several neckline and sleeve options.

I will be making the bodice with the notch front. I'm wavering between the cap sleeves and the short sleeves. The cap sleeves might be the better choice since I'm planning on wearing a sweater over it and longer sleeves may add too much bulk. However, I love sleeves on dresses. They are few and far between in RTW, so I'm sorely tempted to put real sleeves on this dress.

I picked a pretty floral cotton from my stash. It's a little bit on the sheer side, so I'll be underlining the dress with cotton batiste.

For the sweater, I'll be knitting Andi Satterlund's new design, Myrna. it looks REALLY cute on her. My figure, however, is a bit different from hers, so I'm not sure how such a snug and cropped design will look on me.

It's a great design for trying out a new silhouette, since since it uses a worsted weight yarn and won't require an extraodinary amount of time to knit up. I could easily lengthen it, if I feel uncomfortable with the cropped length. However, I'm looking forward to trying out a new style for me.

dress2 003My favorite details is the little keyhole in the back. It's a nice surprise, which echoes the eyelets around the neckline.

I chose a pretty magenta yarn (Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran). I think it coordinates nicely with my fabric and 95% of the items in my closet. It's one of my favorite colors.




No comments:

Deer & Doe Plantain T-shirt

I'm going to cut to the chase. I LOVE this top. The fit is great for me. The subtle feminine shaping makes me feel less schlumpy than mo...